Thursday 12 March 2015

The Deal of all Deals. Blu Ray Pick-up


So after the gym today I had time to kill before my next train which left me with two options. FOPP or HMV ? I decided on FOPP and was just going for a twenty minute browse at Blu Rays without any thought of purchasing any.

As I have described in previous posts the Marvel films are some of the most expensive films to try and acquire as they don't depreciate at all, however as I was looking through the westerns section I spotted an out of place film. Somehow a single Blu Ray copy of Iron Man had been slotted next to some of Clint Eastwoods classics. When pulled it out and went to return it to its rightful place I noticed that it was marked at £8. Now this may not seem shocking to anyone one reading this who has never been interested in Blu Rays as £8 seems like a fairly bog standard price for a film which came out in 2008. The thing is though, I have never seen any copy of Iron Man sell for less than £15 at best so as soon as my brain processed this I went to look at the other copies of the film to check what price they were. Every single other copy of the film was £15, as a result I near enough sprinted to the counter and paid for my copy before anyone realised the mistake. This is the second time in four days I have got a great deal in FOPP and they are quickly becoming my go to place for Blu Rays

When leaving FOPP I did a check online to see if I could get this copy of Iron Man for cheaper than £8. there were a few used copies on eBay in the £7 figure and new for about £10. Amazon had it marked at £20.00 with HMV pricing it at £15.

I am pretty chuffed with this deal today however the rest of the Marvel films were very expensive in FOPP so I think I will still have to venture online for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment