Tuesday 10 March 2015

Latest Blu-Ray Pick-ups



If you are up to date with my latest blog posts you will know that I made the decision to get rid of my excessive DVD collection and completely upgrade to Blu-Ray. So far I managed to pick up Super 8 for £2.50 on Amazon of all places and Saving Private Ryan for a fiver. 

Yesterday I went into Glasgow after university and headed for CEX first as I had store credit. my plan was to head there to get some more expensive ones second hand. This didn't happen. The selection of Marvel films they had such as Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy were still fairly expensive and not in great condition so I decided to pass on them.What I did manage to pick up were some great deals. Godfather for £3.50, The Rock at £2.50, UP for £3 which was a fantastic deal for the Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack and considering how expensive Disney films are ! I also managed to get one of my favourite films the Presteige along with Hellboy for £2.50 each.

I then went across the road to Fopp. They didn't really have much I was interested in but I did see The Social Network for £3 and when I went to pay it turned out to only be £2. Not bad at all. Fopp actually is quite good for Blu Rays if it is just an individual you are looking for but they don't offer as many deals as HMV which was my next stop. This is where I picked up the vast majority of my Blu-Rays. Firstly I grabbed a copy of the Imitation Game which only came out yesterday and I couldn't wait to watch it again. I then utilised the 5 for £30 deal and chose Looper,The Big Lebowski, The Wolf of Wall Street, The Last Samurai and Catch me if you can. I also picked up the Oceans Trilogy for £9. Finally I used the buy 1 get 1 free offer on Disney Blu Rays to get Lion King and Aladdin. the worryingly didn't have Robin Hood, Hercules or Tarzan which may be out of cycle at the moment. 

Today I popped into HMV before the gym to have a look and see if I could get yet another 5 for £30 deal. this is what I got excluding Saving Private Ryan and Super 8 the other film was Sound of Music for mothers day. I swear !

If you would like me to do this kind of post more regularly it would be awesome if you liked this post and commented. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment