Friday 3 April 2015

Top 10 Animated Disney Movies


Whether through their classic animated films, PIXAR or live action one thing is for sure, Disney has had an impact on everyone. I have always said that Disney films are the worlds greatest antidepressant because no matter how bad a mood you are in a Disney film can always cheer you up. For this top 10 list I will only be looking at Disney Classics which is the 54 film list of Classic Disney animated films from Snow White to Big Hero 6. To make it clear this does not include any PIXAR film so movies such as Toy Story, Finding Nemo, Incredibles and UP are excluded. This is my personal top 10 so there are some films which are not on my list that some may believe ought to be however I have my personal favourites.


10. Peter Pan






I'm not going to say much about Peter Pan. While it is a Disney film I really enjoy it only really made it onto my top 10 list because there wasn't any others I felt should be on it. While it is a film I enjoy there are 9 Disney films I enjoy a lot more.



9. Dumbo




Dumbo is one of the shortest feature films ever with as running time of 64 minutes however in that short time Dumbo takes me through the emotional ringer an I always finish it with a smile on my face.

8. Atlantis




Possibly the most surprising choice on my list as this film does not follow the stereotype of most Disney animated film as it is not a musical. I have always found this film a pleasant change to the classic formula which had some really interesting backstory and action scenes.



7. Jungle Book



Like Dumbo the Jungle Book is another short but magnificent tale however the characters and the songs are perfect and fill you with joy throughout the film.


6. Robin Hood





Disney’s Robin Hood is actually my favourite Robin Hood film. It is so true to the original story except with animals. Obviously. There are some great characters and wonderful jokes. I watched this film near enough every week as a kid and really want to get it on Blu-Ray.

5. Tarzan


I could put this film here on the soundtrack alone. The Phil Collins songs in the film are breath-taking and set the tone of the film brilliantly. Tarzan is yet another Disney film which plays with your emotions several times throughout the film. Why do you do this to me Disney?


4. Big Hero 6






The most recent Disney classic and it is now one of my favourites. Disney wonderfully introduced a new character in Baymax who will hopefully be the driving force of this franchise for many years to come. For more of my thoughts on Big Hero 6 check out my review here http://reidsmovieround-up.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/big-hero-6-movie-review.html


3. Hercules



Even with the release of two live action Hercules films last year this is still by far my favourite Hercules film. It is such a fantastic film which combines adventure, music, comedy and some typical Disney emotion. Even though the villain is near enough Scar from the Lion king hades is still one of the funniest villains in Disney history.


2. Aladdin



Aladdin has some of the best music in the Disney universe and a phenomenal story in which the show is stolen by the genie played by the late Robin Williams. Aladdin also contains my first ever love. Princess Jasmine. Em moving on.

 1. The Lion King



Was there any doubt?

Lion King redefined how we look at animated films forever and I truly believe it should have been nominated for best picture in 1995. The first film that ever made me cry and it still gets me today. It has spawned two sequels and a Broadway show which is also fantastic. The Lion king is and will forever be the pinnacle of animated films to me and Disney will be the masters for many years to come.

The next top 10 list is going to be PIXAR films.

No comments:

Post a Comment